*rubs at face and hair* *rocks back and forth* *hits head and covers ears* ahahah yeah im just faking this i need to stop lying … *is alone*
do u ever start to do a thing that is Stereotypically Mentally Ill (i.e. rocking, crying n muttering and doing Weird movements) and u feel like u r Faking it to seem mentally ill. even tho its completely involuntary and u r alone so thers no one to fake to except urself
rocky horror is the worst and is also transmisogynistic can we please finally get over this shit movie
if i see any rocky horror on my dash this month i’m unfollowing on the spot
hey OP you know that the person who wrote rocky horror is nonbinary camab and has been taking hormones for like 20 years? also that it was written in the 70’s when all of the terms used in the movie were the preferred terms so literally ive got no idea where u think youre allowed to say anything about it esp since youre cafab. you dont decide what’s transmisogyny bai
the sins of mankind
Husain Abdullah received an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for praying on Monday. [Yahoo]
This is probably going to be a big deal tomorrow. The NFL can’t do anything right this year.
it is a big deal, how many times has tebow kneeled down? Has he ever been penalized? No. Bullshit. Then they have the audacity to be calling it excessive celebration, screw the NFL. Let a white Christian male kneel down and protect his ass, create a movement and call it tebowing, but once a Black Muslim Male does it, it’s flagged. IT’S ALL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL IT’S NO LONGER INVOLVING A WHITE CHRISTIAN MALE BUT RATHER A BLACK MUSLIM. LOAD OF B.S.
this is halloween // panic! at the disco
boys and girls of every age
wouldn’t you like to see something strange?
come with us and you will see
this, our town of halloween
I see this defense of stimming a lot:
- It’s wrong to train autistic people not to stim
- They use it to compensate for overload
- Or to focus
- Or to compensate for other problems
- Or to express distress
All of this is true. But it also misses the point. Stimming isn’t just a coping mechanism. It’s much more than that. Stimming is a positive part of autistic experience, not an unfortunate-but-functionally-important thing we have to do.
Imagine if facial expressions and tones of voice were considered wrong, and someone defended them this way:
- It is wrong to teach children to adopt a flat affect
- Children need to be able to frown
- Children need to be able to indicate through the tone of their voice that something is wrong
- Children need to be able to cry. That’s a way of coping with pain and overload
All of those things are true. But if that’s all defenders of tone and facial expression said, it would be horribly misleading. Body language and tones are more than that, and they are good.
Stimming is like that too.
- Stimming is not just necessary. It is also natural, and good
- Flapping in response to a nice texture is not fundamentally different from smiling in response to the smell of a flower
- Rocking in response to someone saying something offensive is not fundamentally different from frowning in response to a slur
- It is ok for autistic people to have autistic body language
the first time i spent christmas on here my url was haveahollyjollycasmas
Reclining Naiad, Antonio Canova (details).
I love how Dublin is an old yet young city.